I woke up all bright eyed and excited about styling and shooting my new Bitter Root Vintage dress. I'm thinking colourful tights and messy side braid while seriously craving to hear the Populaire OST blasting from the speakers.
For those of you who don't know yet, Bitter Root Vintage is a beautiful pin-up inspired apparel online store that carries unique items from independent designers. The gorgeous Moonage Daydream dress designed by ChiChi London the store sent me fits like a glove and immediately gets me in a party mood. It is probably one of the prettiest things I own at the moment and I don't really want to take it off anymore.
- Arrived in about a week in impeccable condition and thoughtfully packaged.
- Fits perfectly. I received a size10 UK (a small US) and the dress feels like it was tailored for me.
- Padded bust - which makes bras completely optional, at least for women with a smaller bust like moi.
- While I was a bit nervous about the length, I feel like it makes my short legs look longer, which is always a plus in my book.
- The fully lined, multilayered skirt which accentuates the waist.
- If I were to really nitpick, I'd point out that the on the sample I received the way the zipper is sewn in creates some weirdness on the back side of the skirt, which is hardly noticeable. To me it feels like a completely negligible detail.
I always loved initiatives that sought something different and I feel like Bitter Root Vintage is doing a great job at collecting unique yet affordable product and making it accessible. Head over to the store and browse their variety of vintage inspired dresses, skirts and accessories.
Have a brilliant day!
Dress courtesy of Bitter Root Vintage.